Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Esky Dauphin
Tags: Syma X9
macornley
Guests
January 20, 2012 - 4:51 am

The Syma s029g Dolphin looks great, didn't realise it was a bigger help then the S111g.

Has anyone tried one?

Wonder if it would be suitable for outdoor flying. It's radio controlled as opposed to IR, but is it too light?

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 20, 2012 - 3:22 am

Double horse is good, I believe they make micro, four channel, fixed rotor helicopters.

CPD
Guests
January 20, 2012 - 12:31 am

Just wait for the syma s029g dolphin. It'll be half the price, and being a syma, it'll be good.

drewdane
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 11:32 pm

Max said:

...aI s push the stick to go forward it took off like crazy.I increased the throttle and started to play with righ and left stick to bring it under control.

And that didn't work, you say? :p

Max
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 10:25 pm

THe  Esky Daughin is a peice of junk. I bought one about two weeks ago for $99 plus shipping. I charged it and took out side on a very calm day. I turned it on and after initializing with the remote I started the motors and it started to go backward and crashed into my flower bed /No damage.The next try was on the drive way, pretty wide and nothing around. It first started to go back and aI s push the stick to go forward it took off like crazy.I increased the throttle and started to play with righ and left stick to bring it under control.Unfortunately it lost power about 20 ft up in the air and crashed nose first on the concrete. It broke the nose and all four baldes. I replaced the blades and glued the nose.

A coupl of hour later after I recharged the battery, I took it out , both props turn but as I increase the throttle the bottom prop stops running and the heli does not move. I conatacted THINKRC.com ( don do live chat,you will be waiting for an hour) and they advised me to level the swash balde. I did not know how to do it, so I took it to the local Hobby Shop and the technician looked at it and said it may need a bit of adjustment. came back charged me $20 and said that he does not know what is causing the lower rotor to shut off. I have ordered new mot ors and three sets of new blades to make sure I do not get fraustrated any more. I will change the motor and see if there was some thing wrong with the lower motor may be the orver current protection was faulty and forced the engin to cut off.

IN the mean time I am communicating with THINRC.com to see if the heli had a manufacturer flaw and can be returned and be exchanged with a lower price Heli. ( I did nto get the feeling tha they are very eager to help and exchange the Heli)

Esky Daughin is very flimsy, poorly constructed, with cheap blades, very thin body and all an all do not waste your money.

Stay with better brands for lower priced heli's. I prefer Blade ( abit more expensive) , Syma, and or Double hourse for lower priced helis. Syma S031,032,or 033 are great if you can find it with11.1 v battery get one of those depending on the size youlike. THINKRC.COM sells the old version of  Syma and all three come with 7.4 v battery. Try XHELI .COM to see if the have the new generation, if they do, buy it and try to bargin with them and see if they replace the battery that comes with a,1100 mahvbattery, with 1800 or 2200mah and the try and see what a furous heli with good gyro and controls you end up with.

Good luck AND

"STAY AWAY FROM ESKY"

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 4:35 pm

I believe esky is a good rc helicopter brand. However, I also believe that the honey bee is a good, cheap one too.

Syma Freak
Admin
January 19, 2012 - 12:09 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

macornley said:

Quite fancy an Esky Dauphin for some outdoor summer flying, anyone got one?

Spec and pics here... http://www.xheli.com/eskyheli-.....mode1.html

No have not got one-at $84 a pop little on the expensive side for me

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

macornley
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 10:13 am

Quite fancy an Esky Dauphin for some outdoor summer flying, anyone got one?

Spec and pics here... http://www.xheli.com/eskyheli-.....mode1.html

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
14 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5