Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Energy saving light bulbs, can cause crash !
Tags: Syma X9
Chief-T
Guests
November 16, 2012 - 3:00 am

I too crashed flying over a lamp :-( >

T

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
September 26, 2012 - 8:37 am
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Also, in case you haven't heard by now, watch out for flat-screen TVs! There are

horror stories out there. Apparently the light emitted from the plasma screens or

LED/LCD screens can make these guys go haywire. To make it worse, the thin 

screen surfaces of the televisions don't survive an S107 unintentional attack unscathed!

CPD's statement on the Christmas lights is quite plausible, now that I think about it.

My first heli was an S111 I got for Christmas last year and crashed hard enough to

break the swashbuckle. Flying from the kitchen into the living room where our Christmas Tree

was, the S111 took a hard left and hit a doorway. Note: I didn't even have any wassaile

before flying! Good news is that crash lead my discovery of the S107 while looking

for parts, and untlimately, joining this forum! Now have 3 107s and my S111 is in the hangar.

Best wishes all!

JamDJ

Hey, my battery case study should be out next week, 90 day update!

"I want to ride, ride like the wind"

Christopher Cross

CPD
Guests
September 26, 2012 - 1:57 am

There's all kinds of things that send out just the wrong wavelength of light for these things. Just wait until Christmas when people start flying into the tree because the lights interfere with the helis.

Believe it or not, the very thing that brings people into these helis, Christmas, is the very thing that kills them with the lights.

I've heard a lot of weird things that mess with the reciever, so it doesn't suprise me at all that the light bulb messed with it.

Ragnyr
Guests
September 25, 2012 - 11:37 pm

Flying my 107 today I experienced a crash when I flew over an up lighter with a low energy bulb , I thought it was fluke so tried it again and yes another crash. The heli lost power and fell out the air, it looks to me as if they emit inferred wonder if anyone else has experienced this phenominem .

The answer to the prob is easy , no prizes for guessing

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5