Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Durability of Helis
What is the expected "life" of the S107G?
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
May 29, 2014 - 5:56 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi MikeK, yes if you look after these birds they last a long time, believe it or not I have one Syma107 that must be nearly two years old same battery, as I have heaps of Syma helis, maybe it has not been flown as much as yours great to read your post on the durability of the 107. You might want to post your technique of changing the battery.ssig_goodjob2

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

MikeK
Members
May 18, 2014 - 2:12 pm
Forum Posts: 178

thans said
I'm very new to this excellent forum, and believe it or not, I just figured out how to "post".  Having read the rules, I hope I don't do anything to get banned.  Can anyone tell me more specifically about the durability of these little helicopters?  Practically everyone mentions that the S107G is very durable as is the Syma X1.  I'm really looking forward to receiving these two, and I want to do everything I can to stretch out the length of time they last.  For example, with good care, how long can a S107G or X1 battery last?  Is it a dozen flights, a hundred or a thousand... approximately?  Or what's the longest time that a person has owned one of these helicopters without doing a major repair job?  Hope someone can shed some light on the potential life of these very inexpensive helicopters.  Thanks!     Hans

Hello Hans,

I got my first heli, an S107g, about four months ago.  I fly it indoors, mainly because of the weather and also because it is not well suited for flying outdoors except when there is absolutely no wind or sunlight (which tends to confound the Infra-Red control sensor).  Because it takes awhile to develop a feel for controlling these little machines I can't tell you how many times my 107 has bounced off walls, ceilings, and furniture, but it's been many.  And I'm pleased to report that, mainly because it's usually come to rest on a carpeted floor, the 107 has remained in pristine condition.  Nothing broken, not so much as a scratch, and it's mechanically as sound as on Day One. 

I also can't tell you how many times I've flown the 107 but it's about seventy-five or eighty and, whether this is typical or not, the battery weakened and died last week.  Luckily I had the foresight to order a replacement some weeks ago and I managed to successfully replace the dead one.  

I also have an S026 (Chinook), another small (military style) heli.  It's not nearly as stable and as easy to control as the 107 but my experience with the 107 has enabled me to master it (couldn't have done it otherwise).  I don't fly the Chinook as much as the 107 but so far its battery seems to be quite strong.

So, assuming you're much more knowledgeable and accustomed now than when you posted the above message, the bottom line to what I've had to say is I'm sure you'll be as impressed with the durability of the 107 as I've been -- and I hope you'll have as much fun flying the amazing little machine around as I've had. 

Syma Freak
Admin
April 13, 2014 - 12:55 pm
Forum Posts: 1452

crigon_04 Hi Thans, welcome to the forum.The 107 is a fairly durable heli, of course if you keep smashing into walls etc you will need to do some repairs coolThe battery can last a fair time providing to let it cool down for 15 minutes before recharging, I have one Syma 107 can not remember how many flights and still going after a year.Have a good look around the forum, most questions have been answered, enjoy the forum and post often.SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

thans
Guests
April 11, 2014 - 3:14 am

I'm very new to this excellent forum, and believe it or not, I just figured out how to "post".  Having read the rules, I hope I don't do anything to get banned.  Can anyone tell me more specifically about the durability of these little helicopters?  Practically everyone mentions that the S107G is very durable as is the Syma X1.  I'm really looking forward to receiving these two, and I want to do everything I can to stretch out the length of time they last.  For example, with good care, how long can a S107G or X1 battery last?  Is it a dozen flights, a hundred or a thousand... approximately?  Or what's the longest time that a person has owned one of these helicopters without doing a major repair job?  Hope someone can shed some light on the potential life of these very inexpensive helicopters.  Thanks!     Hans

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2