Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Death Clack
bvc
Guests
June 19, 2012 - 10:02 am

I see heli's at ----- with different shaft setups that certainly look extended but not shafts that indicate extended. Longer would seem to achieve the same.

There should be a pic in the first post showing the tape. Put the tape where the blade mount pivots into the rotor head. I've since removed the teflon and used regular scotch tape. It' a pain really. Too much and you lose too much yaw. Too little you get death clack. A happy medium seems to be less tape and the shorter blades from other helis. Right now I'm using the shorter blades from the S800G. A longer shaft would be ideal, I think.

wannabe_pilot
Guests
June 18, 2012 - 3:08 pm

carrb offers a kit with an extended main shaft that should help but i feel as if the same could be accomplished by using a main shaft replacement from a slightly larger syma copter...ive tried searching but cant seem to find exact dimensions...so far all i've found is that the s107 main shaft is either 73 or 78mm i forget which so one slightly longer should be perfect. only thing is i tried to change the shaft in my helicopter yesterday and could not get the gear off the bottom...i felt like i was about to break something

btw how did you use tape to cut down on death clack?

bvc
Guests
June 10, 2012 - 11:10 am

Death clack is a term used to describe the upper and lower main rotor blades colliding. This is often found in modded heli's that are too fast for the heli's design. The way I cut down or fix it is with teflon tape, but I was wondering if anyone has a better solution?

Image Enlarger

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5