Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Cycle life of these little Li-Poly batteries...a question.
Tags: Syma X9
Supernova
Guests
September 29, 2012 - 4:26 am

Syma Freak said
CPD is really spot on--as have many Syma helis I get at least a year out of most, however the ones I use less do not hold a charge,moral of the story fly ,wait 15 minutes recharge and do not leave in the draw for 9 months without using..

A year WOW the most I get is about 6 to 8 mins Surprised

Only jokin. Wink

Syma Freak
Admin
September 28, 2012 - 5:35 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

CPD is really spot on--as have many Syma helis I get at least a year out of most, however the ones I use less do not hold a charge,moral of the story fly ,wait 15 minutes recharge and do not leave in the draw for 9 months without using..

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
September 27, 2012 - 9:19 am

The battery life all depends. All depends on how much you fly, how long it sits, how much charge you have when it sits, how often you sleep charge, what exact voltage your heli charges at from your usb (any minute differences in time or voltage can take off a couple of charges or add some) time to cool between flight and charge and charge and flight, and a host of other things that make every person and every heli have a different lifespan for their batteries, not the least of which being the battery itself.

One heli that somebody has can live on for a year and a half, while annother heli they have can last a few month with the same number of flights.

I would say it's safe to say a battery could last between 5 months and a year and a half.

voodoo
Guests
September 27, 2012 - 4:00 am

Being new to the S107, and knowing now that it's been around for a while, and that some of you fellow 'pilots' have been flying them for a year or more, I was wondering what sort of life span I  can expect from the tiny battery.

I've only had experience with NiMah battery packs in my fixed wing electrics but have  been doing some reading on Li-Poly's, but all the articles seem geared towards larger multi-cell's used in bigger heli's and fixed wing applications.

I've been reading that you shouldn't let them drop below 20% charge or you shorten life, and of course there is the cool down time between flight and charge, and charge and flight as well.

Now, one article said that you will get about 100 flights..or 'cycles' before the battery is toast, but that was for a much larger higher voltage and amperage battery.

So, if i adhere to the charge-discharge-15 to 30 minute cool down between cycles protocol, land and shut down as soon as she won't maintain altitude or climb, (is that leavng a good enough reserve charge?) how many flights can I expect before the soldering gun comes out and a battery is replaced?

So far, 'Ship 1' has 21 eight to ten minute flights on it, and 'Ship 2' (which came out of the box yesterday..:-), now has four eight to ten minute flights.  (Ship 3 is still in the box)

And yes, to track this, I'm keeping log books like any good pilot! :-)  

The one that I was given for spares has been retired for now as I don't want to do any more damage till the blades and inner shaft are replaced as there is considerable vibration visible in the upper rotor head and flight times are only six minutes at best.  I have no idea how many flights on her, and doubt the battery was given time to cool between cycles as this was a demo heli at a trade show booth!

Don't want to risk burning out motors due to a binding main shaft issue!

So, any thoughts, observations on the cycle issue???

thanks

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5