Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Charging Issue using USB
Kelador
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 12:09 am

To charge plug USB cable in it will light up red when plugged into the Heli the light will go out and when charged the light will come back on. That is if it is working in my case the light never comes back on.

Jaap
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 12:08 am

buck said:

I have my first Syma S107G and 3 on the way, and I have issues with my first USB charge cable as well! it worked fine for the first few charging cycles, and then no light, but it SOMETIMES heats up, almost to the point of what I would cosider extreme heat! Surprised Lol My first thought... "Hmmm this is not right, nor good!" , can someone please explain in PLAIN, SIMPLE TERMS, the Exact sequence of charging, and what to expect? What is normal heat, and when is it time to pull the plug on the situation! For example... does the light come "ON" while charging, and then go "OFF" when charge is complete, or the other way around, etc.? I have since ordered 3 new Charge Cables on eBay (price .99 cents U.S., .25 cents shipping, for a total of $3.22 USD), that appear to be genuine Syma Charge Cables, but that is yet to be proven!!! Lol Laugh The charge Cable that came with my first (suspected clone) Syma S107G Heli, had a shorter USB plug (plug, NOT cable) than most Syma Charge Cables I've seen pictured in various places. Thanks for All feedback! Smile

Hello buck, The genuine Syma Charge cable should light up as soon as you plug-in the cable in the usb of a computer or in a wall plug. The light tells you there is nog charging amps running to the battery. As soon as you than plug-in the connector to the helicopter the light will go off because there will be a charging flow. Untill it's fully loaded the light will stay off. On the battery there is a smill pcb that detacts the voltage and soon it's 4.25 (? or something like that) it will stop the charging automaticaly and than the light turn's on again because there is no electric flow anymore.

But... If it's not a genuine Syma Charging cable the function of the light could be complete the contrary. I have an ADX (S107 like) helicopter that came with a usb loader that lights when it's loading and will go off as soon it's ready.

Hopefully this helps you a bit...

Guests
January 15, 2012 - 11:42 pm

I have my first Syma S107G and 3 on the way, and I have issues with my first USB charge cable as well! it worked fine for the first few charging cycles, and then no light, but it SOMETIMES heats up, almost to the point of what I would cosider extreme heat! Surprised Lol My first thought... "Hmmm this is not right, nor good!" , can someone please explain in PLAIN, SIMPLE TERMS, the Exact sequence of charging, and what to expect? What is normal heat, and when is it time to pull the plug on the situation! For example... does the light come "ON" while charging, and then go "OFF" when charge is complete, or the other way around, etc.? I have since ordered 3 new Charge Cables on eBay (price .99 cents U.S., .25 cents shipping, for a total of $3.22 USD), that appear to be genuine Syma Charge Cables, but that is yet to be proven!!! Lol Laugh The charge Cable that came with my first (suspected clone) Syma S107G Heli, had a shorter USB plug (plug, NOT cable) than most Syma Charge Cables I've seen pictured in various places. Thanks for All feedback! Smile

Kelador
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 11:15 pm

So been flying my Syma S107 around having a ball (my first heli and I have a second on the way) But I have a small issue in that it does not seem to charge when using the USB charger I plug it in and the red light goes out but after an hour it still does not light up to say its charged... and when turned on the heli lasts about 1min before dying.

It will however charge when using the remote to charge it! strange I know.. I have been leaving 15mins for the battery to cool down between flying and after charging I have not been flying the heli until it runs out. 

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? maybe the usb charger is faulty?

P.S Tried using the USB charger from a PC,Laptop and wall plug same result.

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5