Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Charging Issue using USB
Freeonthree
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 12:04 pm

Warning !  I read somewhere that some of the clones have the chg jack on the heli reversed from authentic S107G's, just for your info in case you didn't read that post, wherever it was, I can't remember  :>(

bvc
Guests
January 29, 2012 - 4:12 pm

They are indeed! Cool

hoagrod
Guests
January 29, 2012 - 2:18 pm

I've charged it 3 times using my motorola phone charger that has usb.  It's worked really good so far and the light comes on and off when it's suppose to.  With my computer the red light would only come on when the computer was flipped open.  I ain't going to lie this heli is frikin awesome.

bvc
Guests
January 29, 2012 - 3:50 am

hoagrod said:

Can I use my Iphone charger with the syma usb cord to charge at a wall outlet?

Yes. Just make sure it lights up and stays when you plug it in and jiggle it a little. My Android plug works ok, but my Kindle plug does not at all. Just doesn't fit in it very well. And, on both, sometimes the light comes on when it is done charging and sometimes it does not. I found this out after it was charging for 45 minutes and the light wasn't on. I unplugged (usb cord to wall plug) it and plugged (usb cord to wall plug) it back in and the light came on and it was indeed charged. Since they can catch fire if overcharged, I stopped using these plugs and just plug directly into the computer, because it just didn't seem to consistently work right. This may just be my problem. I haven't heard anyone else say anything similar. Just thought I would give a heads up, that you should check that it is working properly.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 29, 2012 - 2:56 am

It shouldn't do anything. A USB is a USB, you should be fine. I've never used the USB for my helicopter, I just use the remote.

hoagrod
Guests
January 29, 2012 - 2:17 am

Can I use my Iphone charger with the syma usb cord to charge at a wall outlet?

hoagrod
Guests
January 29, 2012 - 1:59 am

So... if charging from a laptop does the screen have to be open?  First time I charged it the screen was not open and red light came on, but then the second time I plugged the usb cable in the red light would not come on.  I opened the screen then plugged it in and the red light came on.  What have others done?

Guests
January 17, 2012 - 1:15 am

Nice Tip Gents! Thanks! Laugh my body was in the way also, but with a small knife, and a few shavings later, it's all clear! Thanks again! Now... how do I get these pesky marks out of my laptop screen, from me drifting/crashing into it? Ahhhahahaha Cool

bvc
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 12:12 pm

Ken H. said:

I had a problem with both my S107s charging from the USB connection. Turned out to be the plastic body very slightly interfered with a secure connection at the helicopter. Shaved away a bare fraction of an inch of the body around the charging socket and found not only did it charge properly, but the charging jack snapped into the copter's charging socked securely.

Same here. I did it immediately after first charge and first flight.

Ken H.
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 10:52 am

I had a problem with both my S107s charging from the USB connection. Turned out to be the plastic body very slightly interfered with a secure connection at the helicopter. Shaved away a bare fraction of an inch of the body around the charging socket and found not only did it charge properly, but the charging jack snapped into the copter's charging socked securely.

Syma Freak
Admin
January 16, 2012 - 9:31 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Wingnut79 said:

Sorry I've been off the forum for so long, I've had several detrimental family issues pop up over the last few weeks and have been running myself ragged doing fire control..... 

How long to charge? I frequently leave my heli plugged in all night and have not had any adverse effects from that. IT seems that once the battery charges fully, current flow is shut off either by the by the charge cable or the heli it's self. I NEVER charge from the remote, using the transmitter to charge drains its batteries too fast for my liking and I feel that the heli battery won't receive a consistent charge this way. I don't charge off my computer either, I use USB wall chargers from cell phones. Gotta love how the S107 is Android compatible! 

Hi good to see you back,hope all family issues ok- bit late but Happy New Year! Smile

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Guests
January 16, 2012 - 8:40 am

I believe I am going to purchase an AC wall charger too! Lol The LAST thing I need, is to have a $20.00 heli, fry something in my laptop!!! Surprised Lol Dig? Laugh

Wingnut79
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 8:14 am

Sorry I've been off the forum for so long, I've had several detrimental family issues pop up over the last few weeks and have been running myself ragged doing fire control..... 

How long to charge? I frequently leave my heli plugged in all night and have not had any adverse effects from that. IT seems that once the battery charges fully, current flow is shut off either by the by the charge cable or the heli it's self. I NEVER charge from the remote, using the transmitter to charge drains its batteries too fast for my liking and I feel that the heli battery won't receive a consistent charge this way. I don't charge off my computer either, I use USB wall chargers from cell phones. Gotta love how the S107 is Android compatible! 

Guests
January 16, 2012 - 7:24 am

My laptop doesn't ask anything when I plug in my USB charging cable. it didn't ask anything when it worked properly, and it doesn't ask anything now that it's quit workin properly! Hmmmm Laugh

Kelador
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 6:16 am

bvc said:

How long past an hour have you left it charging?

I've left it for about 1 Hour 30 Mins did not really want to leave it much longer in case it cooked the battery.

drewdane
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 5:18 am

buck said:

...it DOES make a HUGE difference on the meanings of things, and shows respect to your reader, for NOT having to reread a run-on sentence or paragraph 5, 6, or 7 times!...

Image Enlarger

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 4:53 am

When you plug it in, does your computer recognize the USB? If it doesn't, you need to find how it will, it should normally say by the time,"computer does to recognize this USB" then you click that and say, "install" yes, it's has to install. Not like a computer game, but it has to have permission which is what the install does.

bvc
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 4:34 am

How long past an hour have you left it charging?

Guests
January 16, 2012 - 12:53 am

Thank you Jaap! I read Kelador's post first, and it kind of baffled me! Lol Laugh I understand what you're saying, and by "sequence" in my above post, I was wondering if it matters, if the cable should be first plugged into the USP port, and THEN plugged into the Heli, or first plugged into the Heli, and THEN into the USB port, OR, if it makes No Difference at all! Thanks! Smile

Guests
January 16, 2012 - 12:44 am

Lol I had to reread that 5 times to even get anything out of it! Lol try a couple of commas, in appropriate positions in the sentences! it DOES make a HUGE difference on the meanings of things, and shows respect to your reader, for NOT having to reread a run-on sentence or paragraph 5, 6, or 7 times! Smile Thank You!

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5