Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Charging Issue, board gets juice, doesn't charge.
Tags: Syma X9
Who Dah
Guests
January 23, 2013 - 12:16 pm

Follow up: looks like I had a bat battery too. Got another replacement, it works as it should.

oden
Guests
January 15, 2013 - 10:26 am

sorry to hear that. I got a bad battery once kinda stinks Owen you have to wait for another one. any life left in the old one maybe you could get a little more out of them till you get another.

Who Dah
Guests
January 15, 2013 - 9:53 am

Okey dokey, here is what I observed:

When connecting the battery  I cheated and rather than soldering the battery directly to the board, I snipped the wires off the board and tied them into the battery. This made it easy to disconnect the positive terminal of the battery.

• New 240 mAh Battery disconnected
    • Voltage across battery (disconnected): 4.5V
    • Voltage across the terminals on the board with Power Supply Plugged in: 4.7V
  • New 240 mAh Battery connected
    • Voltage across the terminals on the board with out the power supply plugged in: 4.5V
    • Voltage across the terminals on the board with out the power supply plugged in: 4.5V (and the red ligh remained lit)
  • I grabbed the old 150mAh battery:
    • Voltage across the terminals on the board with out the power supply plugged in: 3.93V
    • Voltage across the terminals on the board with the power supply plugged in: 4.04V (and the red light turned off)

I hooked the new 240mAh Battery back up again, same thing. Red light stays on constantly.

Ugh. It was a PITA to get these batteries in as teh first shipment got lost in transit. And now it looks like on my replacement shipment, I indeed have a bad brand new battery.

oden
Guests
January 15, 2013 - 8:01 am

Well I see if I can help you out. I'm no expert but I have dun some battery swaps..http://syma107.com/forum/gener.....somewhere/.     

this link should show u the wire lay out on your board... check your voltage at the positive and negetive spots ..if you get juice there your board should be good.. next move up your wires to we're u  soldered the new battery in check there, sometimes it's just a cold solder that makes a bad canection .. if u get juice there then it's probly a bad battery.. I got a bad one once, drove me nuts... sorry for any typos or weird words did this on my I phone witch is no easy feet it has a mind of its own and changes words at random ...sorry on this link I posted go about three posts down and there's a pic you can click on with the diagram.

Who Dah
Guests
January 15, 2013 - 7:07 am

Hi all,

I've got two S107G's. I just replaced both batteries w/ some of those 240Mah ones off Amazon. They both flew! Now that the batteries are dead, time to charge them up. The problem is that only one of them charges. Since I've got two, I'm able to isolate it down to one of the helicopters. I.e. the problem follows the helicopter, not the cable. In the problematic helicopter, the red light on the charger stays on at all times. I.e. plugged in or unplugged, the red light stays on. I wiggled around the connector, nothing. I took the helicopter apart and put a volt meter on the bottom of the board (labeled S107R5 SMLBH) and I get 5 volts on the bottom of the board. So I know the thing is getting juice.

I searched the forums and the googles to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Who Dah?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9