Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Charging 107g correctly?
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
May 29, 2014 - 6:03 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MikeK said
Comment on the charging limiter:

I usually charge my two birds at least fifteen minutes after flying them.  I do it via USB while using the computer.  When the charger plug comes to full bright I unplug.  If Syma says they can't be overcharged because of a limiter component in circuit I'm inclined to believe it because my electric shaver sits in its charging cradle for days between uses and the charging light remains on.  And it's been doing it for years with no problems. 

Has anyone here ever experienced an "overcharge" symptom with a heli?  If so, what model -- and what was the symptom?

Well must admit fairly anal about lipo batteries, but have on occasions left them charging longer than required, they seemed ok, however noted it is a matter of time how ever you say charge a bigger Lipo like a 3 cell 2200 in the end they bloat and do not seem to hold the charge very long. I believe once a Lipo is charged to stop, as some chargers like using a usb cable do not have a cut off of power, just my opinion.

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

MikeK
Members
May 17, 2014 - 1:42 pm
Forum Posts: 178

Comment on the charging limiter:

I usually charge my two birds at least fifteen minutes after flying them.  I do it via USB while using the computer.  When the charger plug comes to full bright I unplug.  If Syma says they can't be overcharged because of a limiter component in circuit I'm inclined to believe it because my electric shaver sits in its charging cradle for days between uses and the charging light remains on.  And it's been doing it for years with no problems. 

Has anyone here ever experienced an "overcharge" symptom with a heli?  If so, what model -- and what was the symptom?

Syma Freak
Admin
October 6, 2013 - 7:53 pm

When you first plug your usb into your computer but not into the heli observe the brightness of the red light,now plug heli in and wait until red light stops flickering and comes back to original red brightness..no do not leave on for hours-that is crazy-hope that helps.Any time you are charging batteries if a heli or plane batteries like a 2.2 mah always be there watching,if you do not have the patient or time get someone to watch..not being smart but charging batteries especially lipos need to be monitored.

thegoatroper
Guests
October 6, 2013 - 11:29 am

SF - your answer doesn't do new-bees much good when we may be having the same problem! At least send us to where we can see the answer.

My question is, how long after the USB 'red' light comes back on do you have to un-plug everything - minutes/hours? Example: I plug everything in and go out and do yard work - hard to constantly run in/out to check progress!!

Syma Freak
Admin
May 11, 2013 - 6:56 pm

Sorry think you have posted this on another topic and had answers back-will join all together SF

JimRuppel
Guests
May 8, 2013 - 8:42 am

I recently purchased 2 s107g heli's and I'm not sure I'm charging them correctly. I plug them into the usb port on my pc, the red light goes out, when the light comes back on I unplug and compare the brightness. I wrote to Syma and they said you cannot overcharge, these USB cords have a limiter. When I pop the canopy the battery IS NOT warm. I've tried to measure voltage at the battery leads on the circuit board but only get 2.4v. Also flight time is only 2-3 minutes before it stays a foot or so above the ground.

Any suggestions?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5