Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Can't control 107 in flight
Tags: Syma X9
Freeonthree
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 11:42 am

madmax said:

Greetings - Newbie here. I found this site as a new S107 pilot, and after a couple of crashes, followed Supernova's video to perform the main shaft repair. Now that I have put things back together, the balance bar seems to be on "too tight" - the long screw that fits through the balance bar and threads near the head just seems to be too snug, and I think that is why it won't lift off straight - it's as if the tolerance on the "tunnel" through which the screw goes through is just a bit too tight. Any ideas on what I may have missed, or if anyone else has suffered this problem? I am curious whether I need to thread a slightly larger screw to "open it up" just a bit, but I realize that this is a finely balanced machine and don't want to throw it off.

Appreciate any input - I tried to see if this question had already been posted and couldn't find it - apologies if I missed it.

Thanks!

Are you sure you put the flybar pin in from the correct side, and not made your own threads on the way in. It might thread in with force from that side, im not sure.  Just a thought...

Freeonthree
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 1:54 pm

madmax said:

Greetings - Newbie here. I found this site as a new S107 pilot, and after a couple of crashes, followed Supernova's video to perform the main shaft repair. Now that I have put things back together, the balance bar seems to be on "too tight" - the long screw that fits through the balance bar and threads near the head just seems to be too snug, and I think that is why it won't lift off straight - it's as if the tolerance on the "tunnel" through which the screw goes through is just a bit too tight. Any ideas on what I may have missed, or if anyone else has suffered this problem? I am curious whether I need to thread a slightly larger screw to "open it up" just a bit, but I realize that this is a finely balanced machine and don't want to throw it off.

Appreciate any input - I tried to see if this question had already been posted and couldn't find it - apologies if I missed it.

Thanks!

Could be a burr from manufacturing. have another look...

Freeonthree
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 1:49 pm

Supernova said:

The only way I know of is to remove the switch from the circuit board with a soldering iron, I have a copter with a broken switch as well but not sorted it yet the problem with mine is the knob broke off Embarassed

There are electronic supply houses like "Mouser" who would definently have it, but ya got to go to mouser website and have your measurments ready for matching one up to their precise drawings.

madmax
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 12:17 pm

Thanks!

justnod
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 2:00 am

All sorted. I bought the part you suggested (x5) and followed your video which was extremely helpful. Thanks so much for for taking the trouble to do that, I'd have struggled without.

Supernova
Guests
January 27, 2012 - 4:21 am

Let me know if you get stuck.

justnod
Guests
January 27, 2012 - 4:18 am

OK thank you again.

Supernova
Guests
January 27, 2012 - 4:04 am

The only way I know of is to remove the switch from the circuit board with a soldering iron, I have a copter with a broken switch as well but not sorted it yet the problem with mine is the knob broke off Embarassed

justnod
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 6:43 am

Thank you.

I don't suppose you know how to fix a switch that is stuck in the on position? It's not physically stuck but moving to the off position achieves nothing and lights remain flashing. It still charges but needless to say the lights drain the battery when not in use.

I can start a new thread if necessary.

Supernova
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 6:24 am

Yes !! just remove the 2 screws and the shaft is in the spare box, if you need spares try this. 

Ebay  Item number: 110807061414

justnod
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 6:19 am

I have now, thank you. That appears to be our problem. If I buy a full shaft, will I be able to ewmove the small plastic section I need and fit it to the existing shaft?

Thanks again.

Supernova
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 5:18 am

Have you looked at my video ?

http://syma107.com/forum/gener.....as-it-did/

justnod
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 3:32 am

I have a bit more info. I have now been able to compare this helicopter with another virtually identical one. At the top of the vertical shaft there is a black plastic sleeve with a two sided head that looks a bit like a symmetrical hammer. That hammer head in turn appears to fit within tubes at either side within the mechanism that attaches to the upper blades. In the working helicopter that "hammer-head" is held firmly in place while, in ours, it is much more loose allowing the upper blades to drop lower than they should. I assume that something that holds the hammerhead in place is broken but I have no idea which part I should be aiming to replace.

justnod
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 12:34 am

Hi - we bought a 107 for our son for Christmas. It worked fine for numerous flights over a period of 2-3 weeks then, after what seemed like a 'typical' crash, we found that it could no longer be controlled in flight and crashed within seconds.

Visibly I can see nothing wrong. The blades and rear rotor all seem to rotate fine and everything seems fine when the helicopter is on the verge of take-off - i.e. it can be rotated left & right and tail rotor will spin in opposite directions. As soon as we try to get it to take off it seems to fly off to the side or rear and crash with a mind of its own!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
17 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5