Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Cannot trim S107
Trim knob won't turn far enough to correct trim
Tags: Syma X9
Symaniac
Guests
February 5, 2013 - 7:05 am

Check for any hair caught in the main rotor shaft.  I wonder if there's some extra friction somewhere creating enough drag that the gyro and the trim can't handle it.  Do the rotors spin freely and smoothly?  It sounds like one of the main rotor motors might not be spinning fast enough for some reason?  The two coaxial rotors spinning in opposite directions along with the gyro controller should keep things within the adjustments range for trimming.  You could have a defective heli, something caught slowing one rotor down, or a gyro issue I would guess.  Maybe there is some extra friction within the main shaft so one of the rotors isn't spinning to the correct RPM.  Or the remote control trimming knob might be glitched some where.  Open up the remote control to take a look to see if the wires from the trim knob going to the motherboard are attached and look okay.

bfsap
Guests
January 28, 2013 - 6:24 am

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not really sure how that would help?  It would only select a different channel for the communication between remote and heli.

Supernova
Guests
January 27, 2013 - 2:42 am

Have you got a 2 channel switch at the top of the controller ??? above the green light ??  A & B, if so try switching over, but give it time to work that may sort it.

Hope this helps.

Bernie. 

bfsap
Guests
January 21, 2013 - 4:57 am

I don't have to plug the battery in, but it's sitting on the floor for maybe 20 seconds after I turn it on before I try and fly it, which I suppose is the same.

rdandrea
Guests
January 21, 2013 - 4:29 am

Are you letting the gyros stabilize?  The copter needs to sit on a flat, horizontal surface for 10-12 seconds immediately after you plug in the battery.

bfsap
Guests
January 20, 2013 - 8:24 am

Hi everyone

I got an S107 today!  It's great, but there seems to be a problem with it. 

From the first time I flew it I've had to re-trim it (with the trim knob) a lot during each flight, and if I land and then take off again after a few seconds, I'm having to re-trim it again!  The trim knob was almost at its counter-clockwise limit from the first time I used it (which I thought wasn't good), but now the trim has gone so far out the knob simply won't turn far enough to correct it.  It seems to get worse the longer the flight lasts and it's not as a result of a crash, as it's been happening since its first flight.

It's not toilet bowl effect just in case anyone's wondering, it's just out of trim.

Any ideas?  I'm thinking of returning it to Amazon for a replacement.

Thanks

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5