Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Can anyone ID my fake?
trying to fix instead of buy
Supernova
Guests
November 27, 2012 - 3:47 am

I for one have never seen this model before, so I am with SF.

Cant beat a new one.

Phil
Guests
November 26, 2012 - 5:47 pm

yip, have tried the conversion thing... as you said, one thing leads to another. there are tonnes of small differences.

I hear you on the 'just buy a new one'... i just hate the idea of throwing it away! Cant really use it for spares... I fixed it up with some prattley putty and glue this weekend, and it worked fine.... until my gf crashed it! hahaha

anyway, i guess you're right, time to retire it perhaps. such a shame :)

I thought that if anyone knew what it actually was, it would be you.

Thanks for the input though!

Cheers :)

Syma Freak
Admin
November 24, 2012 - 4:08 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi pmassie,welcome to the forum.. My view is if you think a fake Syma 107 and been sitting in a draw for two years,the battery might be all over,plus the cost of buying parts for a fake Syma does not relate to me when you can buy a new genuine one for under $25 from say Amazon,and buy the latest colors,like white or green--keep the old one for spares..just my view..CPD explains it better than me ..SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
November 23, 2012 - 7:02 am

To be honest, I have no idea where you would get parts or anything. It looks like it has real motors, but everything else is wrong. The printing on the blades looks right, but I have no idea where to find parts for a fake like that.

I'm sure you can spend a ton of money converting it as things fail, (Oh, I need new blades, I guess I'll have to switch to the real s107 main shaft then." kind of stuff) or you probably could figure out some way of jerry-rigging it. Probably can go to radio shack and buy small bolts and nuts to atach real blades when you need to. Otherwise, when it's dead as a doornail, as far as I know, it would probably only take a few real parts and mostly all fake parts you can't get.

Phil
Guests
November 23, 2012 - 3:01 am

found a picture of my heli: Image Enlarger

Phil
Guests
November 23, 2012 - 2:56 am

Hello.

I hope it's ok to ask this here. I have, i discoverred today, a fake s107. I see the fake i have is pictured here http://syma107.com/clones-and-.....syma-s107/ and i was hoping someone might be able to tell me where i could get some spares. The heli was bought from a shop in Cape Town, who now seem o stock the genuine heli and spares, but the parts are not interchangable.

I realise this might be a little out of line, i mean no disrespect, just trying to fix what i have instead of making more trash. Also if this post is in the wrong place, I apologise. I didn't see any topics like it...

Here's a list of the differences I've seen:

1. blades have 'bumps' instead of holes toward the heli center, with metal brackets as pictured here (http://syma107.com/clones-and-.....syma-s107/)

2. the weight assembly above the top blades is different, buckles are longer...

3. the central rotor shaft is thicker

4. tail boom is thicker, and holes for stabilisers (???) in the boom are larger diameter.

5. tail rotor housing is larger

6. tail rotor has steeper blades, and they are rounded (not as square as the ones in the shop)

7. tail rotor blades are reversed (ie, motor polarity is opposite)

So these are the differences i have noticed. I would post some images, but I'm not sure where to upload them.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Phil
Guests
November 23, 2012 - 2:36 am

Hi there,

I recieved my S107 as a gift a couple years ago. awesome gift too, i have to say.
 Thinking back to when i was a kid, the idea of these helicopters is pretty insane. I'm pretty sure i would have wet myself :)

Anyway, it didnt take me too long to break it, and i got used to stripping it down and putting it back together again. In the end i gave up trying to get spares and it lived in the drawer, until now! Am on holiday, and thought i'd have another go at fixing it.

Sadly I have discovered that its a fake. Although i must say it worked really well! So i thought i'd ask here if anyone can identify which fake it is, and whether I might be able to source some 'fake' spares.

Anyway, thats me.

Cheers

Phil

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32