Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Broken Power Switch
CPD
Guests
March 10, 2012 - 1:29 am

(thumbsup)

Yay for you! Amazon has a great replacement rating if you buy it from them, although they can be a little dificult if bought through them from somebody else.

If it's within their replacement time, however long it is, it's usually the best bet.

joe831
Guests
March 9, 2012 - 4:15 pm

Great news! Amazon offered me a full refund and free one-day shipping on a new heli! +100 to Amazon, just hope they actually follow through with the refund once they receive my returned 109.

whitehedr
Guests
March 9, 2012 - 3:01 pm

joe831 said

One last thing - do I have any chance of getting a replacement from amazon? I purchased it from them less than 90 days ago.

I would ask.  The worst thing they could say is no!

RWW

joe831
Guests
March 8, 2012 - 12:48 pm

One last thing - do I have any chance of getting a replacement from amazon? I purchased it from them less than 90 days ago.

CPD
Guests
March 8, 2012 - 9:05 am

New one of these helis is about $27. (the 108, about identical except a cobra, not apache and Marines grey is $23. Price gouging? Nahhhh.) A new board costs $11 from ebay.

It's up to you. You could either take it apart, buy the new board, put it in, soldering every connection yourself, then hoping to heck and back you screwed nothing up, then hoping it's going to work because you don't know how good of a job you did with it or if it's a good board.

Or, you can spend more money, and buy a 108g for twice the cost of the board, but sacrifice the idea of having a 109g, or spend an additional $4 for the 109g. I would personally go this route, since it's the easiest, follows the about half-price replacement rule, (ok, so that's a rule for major apliances... who cares, works here too!) will give you all of the spare parts you will ever need, except a board, and it's going to give you a 99% chance of success.

Sound good to you?

Supernova
Guests
March 8, 2012 - 6:19 am

Hi Joe, I had the same problem with one of my 107s and I just used it for spares in the end I know this is not much help.

joe831
Guests
March 8, 2012 - 6:05 am

Hi guys, I have run in to a problem which might disable my S109G permanently. I realize this is a 107 board but I assume they are very similar if not identical. The problem is my power switch broke off. I took it apart and below is what it looks like now. The switch is circled in red. Is there anything I can do besides buying a new board? I am definitely not interested in that if I would have to solder onto it. Also the LEDS do go on if I stick a small screwdriver in there and make a connection. Thanks for any help.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2708/img1185f.th.jpgImage Enlarger

EDIT: For some reason the thumbnail link doesn't work, here is a direct link to large photo:

http://img580.imageshack.us/im.....g1185f.jpg

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
14 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5