Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Brand new S107 flies in circles after forward motion, help!
Tags: Syma X9
ka7ple
Guests
July 3, 2011 - 8:39 am

I have seen this effect with my S107 as well. It only happens when the air conditioner is turned on. Also I've found that it happens when I am low to the ground/table whatever. If I gain some altitude, above about 3 feet, this problem goes away and the bird will hover rock solid. These little helis are very prone to ground effects. I have a large lazyboy chair and when I fly over it slowly it tends to affect the flight by "bouncing" up and down for a second.

I agree with Symafreak, in that if your S107 always does the TBE no matter what the altitude, then you may have gotten a defective one.

Good luck, I hope you can resolve this issue. These really are great little helis. I am now on 50+ flights with mine, and after a couple of very hard cat induced crashes, the right skid was bent just slightly, with no other damage. I took it off and bent it back into shape and it still fly's great.

Ka7ple

Syma Freak
Admin
July 2, 2011 - 8:20 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@Thunderbird46lx If you can return it maybe a good idea-only start stripping the baby if you know that crashes have caused a problem as hard to return-TBA could be a problem-However check screws are all in place-just some times as these helis at some points have to be put together by human hand,screws not tight enough and can cause problems-let me know

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Syma Freak
Admin
July 2, 2011 - 8:07 pm

@Thunderbird46lx-great post,I just love the input you guys post-keep it coming-had a slight problem with size of video you posted,however think have fixed that ok-regards SFLaugh

thunderbird46lx
Guests
July 2, 2011 - 3:51 pm
thunderbird46lx
Guests
July 2, 2011 - 3:50 pm

I just wanted to make sure I was not the only person with this symptom.  My girlfriend bought me two Syma 107gs from Amazon, sent from someone called Superstition Toys.  One seems to function just fine and reacts the same way as mentioned in dozens reviews and videos….

The other one does exactly how the OP described, flies strait soon as you move it forward (or backward) it does circles with still aiming in the direction the nose was pointing.  Kind of like being flushed down the toilet bowl or simply slowly spinning the mouse cursor on a computer in circles. The curse is strait but its make spirals to the right.

If I did not buy two I would think this is what a Syma 107 does.  After some hardcore research I found out this is called "Toilet Bowl Effect" and is not limited to Syma but many types of micros.  Best bet is to return it and get another one.  I noticed the one that has the TBE has 3 screws stripped and scratch trail dots like someone using a electric screw driver didn't know when to let off the throttle.  I have already taken apart the TBE Syma its now my modded syma107 edition. (still has TBE but not as bad)

Excellent post and description OP mine were purchased 6/29/2011 from Amazon and fulfilled by Superstition Toys. 

Syma Freak
Admin
June 12, 2011 - 4:35 pm

@monnestary The Syma should fly correctly our of the box.

where did you buy from?

Try to return faulty-do not try to take apart unless you can not return it-

Sounds like a bent shaft,could be a few things-

sorry late getting back to you SF

monnestary
Guests
May 30, 2011 - 7:52 pm

Hi, I just unwrapped my brand new s107, only to discover that it wont fly properly. When just hovering after take-off it's working fine, but after going forward and stopping that motion, it starts to fly in big circles (nose pointing in same direction all the time).

Is this the TBE, or is it a balance bar/pendulum error, and how can I fix it?

Hope that you guys can help!

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5