Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Blades colliding
Tags: Syma X9
Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 10:56 am

On... But fixing the heli is just half the fun! Lol I tried to take the spring out and HATED it. Unless you have a really high ceiling and it takes full throttle to get it up, don't take the spring out cause you will need the spring to help you control it. Helicopters for one cannot go to their full service ceiling as they will lose altitude. Full throttle can also make the engine burn out if you use it all the time, just like a car, if you go full speed you can blow the engine, if you go full throttle you can burn the engine. However, on airplanes and helicopters you need to go full speed to get up off the ground and to get high enough off the ground, then you only need to go about two and a half fourths throttle. Maybe 3/4 throttle, this also depends on if there is wind or if your landing and what not. I would go through a the way you should fly, but that would take an entire post. However, if syma freak wants me to, I will.

Syma Freak
Admin
December 31, 2011 - 10:23 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I use a few cameras for my planes,links below-bit heavy for Syma 107

Link1 Hobbyking

Link 2 Keychain Camera

Check out the Sanhuan Spy Camera heli

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Xavier
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 8:44 am

old iron spine, i have figured out the best fix of all, i am taking it back to my RC shop tomorrow and asking for a new one, also, i tried (before clashing of blades) the removal of the throttle spring, horrid, i recommend stretching the spring to reduce the shut off, or just keeping your thumb on it to keep it steady, LOL

also wondering about the camera, anyone know where you can get those micro spy keyrings? FASCINATED! i wanna make one!

Cool

speedfishd
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 8:20 am

Rasmus - brilliant fix. Thanks for figuring it out and taking the time to post.  I'm a newbie to these types of repairs.  Any suggestions on a) where to get the carbon rod and b) what type of glue you used?  Thanks.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 7:31 am

Xavier, can you create a topic describing what your helicopter is doing and how it is crashing? Every detail will help, and we're all more than happy to get everyone's birds up into the air. 😀

God bless,
Old_Iron_Spine

Xavier
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 6:15 am

mine arent broken off, but i am having the same "injured bird" problem as my girlfriend called it! any tips welcomed!

Supernova
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 11:52 pm

If you put a paper clip or anything right through, it will stop you getting it down far enough to the point where the screw holds it in place on the shaft. Better to get a new part.

Syma S107-13 Inner Shaft-- from R/C FEVER.

agladstone
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 11:27 am

I am having the same issue. After our maiden voyage the blades started colliding. Until I found this forum (thanks Google!) I was completely bewildered by the performance drop in the heli. Has anyone (KaponE) been able to fix this using a small paper clip inserted through drilled holes? I am no expert on the structure of the helicopter and do not want to begin deconstructing it until i have an easy, cheap fix. Thank you. 

KaponE
Guests
September 25, 2011 - 9:54 am

Rasmus, so you were able to drill completely through the spot where the nubs broke off?  If so, why not insert a single dowel cut down to size?

I have the same issue with two of my S107s.  If it can be drilled through, something as simple as a small, straightened paper clip would do the trick.

sasmalta
Guests
September 24, 2011 - 4:42 am

hey Rasmus, i have the same experience. Original Syma 107G after 1 month happy flying the little bird yesterday started to vibrate in mid air and came crushing down as the blades collieded.

I tested at ground level and saw first like TBE but then the dam blades crash as the top blades go out of balance due to wobbly spin. I had a look today at the Fly bar, links and screw tightness, because that is the symptom for TBE. The flaybar had no damage and after cleaning it with silicon spray and mounted back the fly bar could more freely move.

i powered up the little bird and the blades were hitting each other even more frequent.  i also removed the flybar connection of the main shaft to check for bent shaft or and hard points while turning on the gear box.

NOTHING there either , i started to scratch my head. So i jumped in the forum. Seeing Blades colliding aha!!!!. I checked the blad holder for those two missing plastic stoppers and wa la !!! mine both broken also.

Now I try to fix it also. If not get a replacment.

Thanks mate ! Cool20

Syma Freak
Admin
September 11, 2011 - 9:18 am

Hey Rasmus,what a brilliant fix well done,great photos thank you for your effort in posting

Rasmus
Guests
September 11, 2011 - 2:41 am

Here is the fixed piece. Hole drilled all the way through with a tiny hand drill and then two small carbon fiber dowels inserted and glued. Then sanded down slightly further than shown in this picture to remove excess glue and to shorten the dowels slightly since the blades sit at the end of these dowels and if they are too long they get in the way.

Image Enlarger

And yes, somewhat surprisingly the fix works perfectly. The fixed helicopter is flying again.

Rasmus
Guests
September 10, 2011 - 4:26 pm

The thing is that I have two of these and they both broke in exactly the same way. So, in my case at least, they don't break in different ways. My reconstruction is in progress. rogerly, note that you can't drill a hole right through and insert a rod because the main rotor axel goes through that area and to the top of that black piece.

I have drilled a hole through mine and inserted carbon fiber rods with a touch of glue on each side of the rotor axel. I still need to file down the glue slightly to make it swivel freely on the rods. We'll see if the fix holds up.

Syma Freak
Admin
September 10, 2011 - 1:33 pm

@Rasmus Earthsea has explained things well-just consider maybe buying a new Syma S107 and strip down your crashed one for spares,just a thought,as I have heaps of crashed Syma's and hardly buy spares now,each crash does different damage so if you have a few Syma helis you can nearly build a new one from the old-Any how keep us all posted-SF

earthsea
Guests
September 10, 2011 - 6:39 am

I would just replace the part and ease up on the throttle when flying. ( could be under parts warranty ) I have hit the walls many times and never smashed any parts. The main blades are getting a bit worse for ware though. 

rogerly
Guests
September 9, 2011 - 6:07 pm

Curious to hear your ideas on fixing it.  We got a little carried away at work today.  Played a little Godzilla, and then someone decided to throw a set of ear buds at the rotors.  

Anyways, the little nubs sheared off of the main shaft as well.  I spent some time trying to glue them back on, only to have them break off when reassembling the whole thing.  

I'm thinking of either drilling a small hole and inserting small screws into the assembly, or just drilling through completely and inserting some kind of metal or strong bar all the way through.  

I may just have to buy a few shafts and be a little more careful about flying the damn thing.  It just seemed so indestructible!

Rasmus
Guests
September 7, 2011 - 3:03 am

Ok, I figured it out. If you look at this picture:

Image Enlarger

The 3rd from the top horizontal black bar there holds the blade assembly. Both of those protruding plastic pieces have sheared off on both of my helicopters.  A picture of the breakage:

Image Enlarger

Now I need to figure out what to do about that. Simply getting a replacement doesn't seem like it would really fix it considering how quickly and easily it broke. I need a stronger solution I think.

earthsea
Guests
September 6, 2011 - 5:23 pm

I am at an absolute loss as to what is causing the drop in the top main blade. I have set  the blades up on my S107 the same as in your second photo and the closest my blades come together is around 20mm. 

Rasmus
Guests
September 6, 2011 - 10:47 am

I believe both of them are genuine, yes. Bought from Amazon a couple of days ago and as far as I can tell from the pictures it looks ok.

This shot shows the circuitboard:

circuit boardImage Enlarger

For the problem, it seems like it is because that top rotor holder is able to swivel too far. It droops to the point where the rotors overlap by a lot. The screws holding the blades on seem tight and doesn't seem to be the cause since it is the swivel thing they are attached to that is drooping. See:

Top rotor droopImage Enlarger

For the full-size images and more of them see http://phpics.com/syma107/ and click twice on a photo to get the original huge version.

earthsea
Guests
September 6, 2011 - 5:45 am

Firstly, I would make sure that you have a genuine 'Syma' heli. (check under heli links in column on the right) I have a S107 and it has had a very hard life and is flying as good as the day I bought it. Fake Syma's are not made from the same tough, durable plastic as the genuine ones, the good news is, I believe the parts are interchangeable. 

Secondly, if the top blades are touching the bottom blades in any way then you might want to check the screws that hold the blades on, careful here not to over tighten them and strip the thread!  Connect buckles are easy to replace and not expensive, a good whack on the ceiling could smash them.

Hint; On take off, I always slowly lift up to head hight and then adjust the rudder trim. 

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5