Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Blades colliding
Tags: Syma X9
rdwilson
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 3:28 pm

Rasmus said:

…note that you can't drill a hole right through and insert a rod because the main rotor axel goes through that area and to the top of that black piece.

I found this out the hard way.Embarassed

Wasted about an hour on this fix only to have the main shaft no longer fit.

Syma Freak
Admin
January 3, 2012 - 5:21 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Old_Iron_Spine said:

Lol, helicopters are better anyways. What is the difference between the two links?

One is a plane the other should be a cheap remote

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
January 3, 2012 - 10:42 am

No prob.

Like I said, I love that show, and when he said about that move, that's the first thing I thought of.

Didn't know until now that that whole episode's on youtube, though!

On a side note, putting s107 blades on a millitary-series heli works great, but with a significant loss of speed. My 102 was slow-ish before, now it's just lumbering...

maybe a picooz can help...

tune in next week to see! same Heli time, same Heli channel!

(ok, watched too many 60's batmans...)

Supernova
Guests
January 2, 2012 - 10:26 pm

Thanks for vid CPD excellent !!

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 2, 2012 - 5:54 pm

Lol, helicopters are better anyways. What is the difference between the two links?

Syma Freak
Admin
January 2, 2012 - 2:42 pm

Old_Iron_Spine said:

Are rc biplanes are to fly?

I think you mean ready to fly out of the box? Some are but to expensive to buy that way-most planes I get from HobbyKing,small amount of time to put together- byplane Link 1 you need a remote and receiver-Link 2 around $24

Always if starting out get the epo foam planes as cheap and easy to repair with foam glue or ca glue,if they get smashed just pull out all servos and receiver and put into another plane- my latest is the Reaktor unbelievable good to fly aerobatics-

now look what you have done,got me talking on planes - love them,weather bad I am flying my fleet of Syma helis-life is good!!Smile

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 2, 2012 - 12:26 pm

Are rc biplanes are to fly?

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 2, 2012 - 12:24 pm

Dang! That's pretty cool!

Oh, and I forgot to say, when I read the word "triplane" I thought you meant like a WWI heavy bomber, I forgot there where triplane fighters

Syma Freak
Admin
January 2, 2012 - 11:36 am

Old_Iron_Spine said:

I figure… That German was arrogant. BUT he was a true soldier, and back then EVERYONE was a gentleman of a warrior, now they aren't so much..

True he was arrogant but fiercely brave-his ego wanting at least two more kills to get his score to 50 was his mistake-part 4 below

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 2, 2012 - 11:03 am

I figure... That German was arrogant. BUT he was a true soldier, and back then EVERYONE was a gentleman of a warrior, now they aren't so much..

CPD
Guests
January 2, 2012 - 10:52 am

The video's out of a playlist of the entire episode. The German's machine guns jam after an eternity in the fight, and he accidentally shows that to one of the british fliers, and they eventually bring him down after a very hard fight.

He battled to the bitter end, and was all shot up. I think eventually he whent unconcious due to blood loss, and crashed after taking many bullets, but it's been a while since I've watched that part.

Copy the url under the vid and paste it to the end, and refresh to see the rest of it.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 2, 2012 - 10:45 am

Thats pretty cool! That German pilot was a pretty good ace! Who won? I would say the British or the German got away?

CPD
Guests
January 2, 2012 - 10:22 am

Glad'ja liked it!

I love that show. I don't know why they stopped making new ones. They never really canceled it, just put it on ice and only show it rarely.

I really like their WWII ones. Those are especially enjoyable.

Syma Freak
Admin
January 2, 2012 - 10:10 am

Fantastic video,I ended up watching them all on Youtube

CPD
Guests
January 2, 2012 - 6:58 am

Actually, it's a lot easier and practically almost exclusively done on triplanes. The lift to airspeed ratio for the large wings compaired to the slow speed of that era planes.

feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLC6ADE69558BC3190

if you want just the move, go to 6:50 to start.

That has to be just insanely hard rudder for it...

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 2, 2012 - 3:39 am

That's just using the ruters. I'm thinking with the motor still on. I guess it's possible, I never thought of that. The fact they did it with triplanes though is weird..

CPD
Guests
January 1, 2012 - 5:00 am

They did that a lot in WWI- esp german triplanes- they'd kill the engine for a second, and do a complete 180 within about 10 feet to turn on their enemies. They were slow enough but had enough wingspan over the three wings to just turn and shoot without even banking or anything- just turn and sit there for a second with guns a' blazing.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 1, 2012 - 4:16 am

I would like to do the camera when I advance up to a 6 channel rc helicopter so I can do loop the loops and stuff like that, and make a video that shows the outside view of the helicopter and the helicopters view lol. Like when you watch video game videos on YouTube and they show from the pilots view and the spot view. But the way you drift is easy, you have to build up speed, and go in a circle while moving forward, then you do a sharp turn and shut off the tail motor and then you drift. Drifting can be done with any RC helicopter and probably an rc airplane (I'll explain in a bit), and it is probably the mediator between beginner coaxial helicopters and intermediate coaxial helicopters.

Ok, here is how you "drift" with an airplane, to start, it's not really drifting, I actually consider it air hopping. you nose dive, and whip your tail down so the wings go up, and the airplane looks like its jumping, and you can do that at pretty much any direction, so you can go from left to right if you wanted to. It kinda causes a wave like motion. It's pretty cool. I use flight simulator 2002, so I don't know how realistic it is, but I figured it's pretty accurate.

Supernova
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 10:54 pm

I am waiting for a camera to modify for my heli when I get it I will do a video and post it.

Great to see you fixed it Rasmus well done sir. 

Xavier
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 9:36 pm

i personally think half the fun is feathering the controlls and getting that feeling, i saw a link about fun drifting, havent got the hang of it yet, wanna try tho, looks awesome, on the plus side, i have my new 107, so back to my childish geekness, while the wife is out, guess that DIY is gunna have to wait! 

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
14 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5