Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Anybody fly the S800G yet?
Syma Freak
Admin
May 24, 2012 - 5:07 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Raptor said
I bought it from Lujex (Amazon UK)

Reason I think its a fake:

The underbelly of the helicopter has a pattern to it.

The flybar's balance wights have been pushed in at the ends instead of held in place with screws.

The end stops of the skids being black rubber (instead of white plastic)

The circuit color is orange, with a red gyro board.

Hope someone can help identify if this is fake or not.

All things you mentioned are the same with my S800G,my feeling is not a fake-Also from my checking there do not seem to be any fakes out there yet because of the changes with gears, and remote ,however interested to see will bind with a genuine Syma 107 remote but not drift as not available on 107 remote -I bought mine from my trusted Rcfever, expensive postage but have always sent me genuine helis.

To sum up in my opinion it needs to be in mode2 as having throttle and drift on the same stick on remote is tricky,however most rc flyers in Aussie have mode1 remotes-I do not.The remote should be the same size of the 107 not smaller.

After one has been spoilt with the Syma 107   it does take some different controlling-I fly lots of planes with different exponentials set up on them,some are twitchy others soft,jumping from one to the other has caused me to crash,every rc heli or plane fly in a different way-

I only have one S800G and beginning to get good flying it- then I go back to the 107 and find great to fly but miss the drifts and spins-so keep at the 800G a bit longer to realize its potential- only my view-also can carry a keychain camera if you get the cg correct,hard to control with camera onboard- Raptor,sure you will organize some mods!!

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

bvc
Guests
May 24, 2012 - 11:51 am

I see your circuit on the other thread and it is the same as mine.

bvc
Guests
May 24, 2012 - 11:47 am

Raptor said

When you go forwards you have to correct the throttle to stop it dropping out of the air. (or is this only on my fake?)

I had a little trouble with that too. I don't know if it's running many cycles through the battery, getting used to the touchy throttle or what, it's not as finicky now after 10 or 12 flights.

bvc
Guests
May 24, 2012 - 11:42 am

Is the underbelly pattern checkered? Do you mean the black plastic where the on/off switch and plugin for the charger is? Mine is too.

My flybar is the same.

My end stops are the same.

My circuit is yellow, with red gyro. It's yellow with green lines. Could look orangy I'd think. I don't know if this means anything.

Raptor
Guests
May 24, 2012 - 10:54 am

I bought it from Lujex (Amazon UK)

Reason I think its a fake:

The underbelly of the helicopter has a pattern to it.

The flybar's balance wights have been pushed in at the ends instead of held in place with screws.

The end stops of the skids being black rubber (instead of white plastic)

The circuit color is orange, with a red gyro board.

Hope someone can help identify if this is fake or not.

bvc
Guests
May 24, 2012 - 8:52 am

What makes you think its a fake and who on amazon?

Raptor
Guests
May 24, 2012 - 7:18 am

The S107 controller seems to be able to control the drift on the S800, by turning the calibration dial on the s107 transmitterConfused.

The one I've got, I'm pretty sure is a fake from amazon Yell, and so far i have to say I don't really like it.

When you go forwards you have to correct the throttle to stop it dropping out of the air. (or is this only on my fake?)

Transmitter is to small, so it looks like there may be a case mod on the horizon Laugh

And at least they have added a over discharge circuit into it.

Other than the controls being so strange, it doesn't seem too bad. It may grow on me....

bvc
Guests
May 23, 2012 - 11:46 pm

RCfan said

bvc said
I used the s800g remote on a s107g heli. The heli behaved normally. Meaning it turned as usual and used all throttle. Meaning the touching throttle on the s800g is because of the heli settings and could be modified on the heli? The s800g turns much more than the s107g. Seems the differences is because of the heli not the remote.

There should be some difference between the s800G and s107,the s800G can move right and left.

Yes. But you can fly the 800 on the 107 remote and just not have drift. You can fly the 107 on an 800 remote, use the drift on the stick and nothing happens.

CPD
Guests
May 23, 2012 - 10:40 pm

Makes sense to me that the remote for the s107 can be used on the 800 and visa-versa, since they already have the channels made up for the s107. The 800 uses a swash plate to angle the rotor set rather than like the s107 where it uses a rear rotor to tilt it foreward. As per spinning, I don't have one yet, but the main rotors probably spin faster/slower like the s107 to get it to turn. I don't know about the tail rotor, if it does anything or is just a dummy.

If anybody's out there wondering for the record, real helicopters operate in almost an identical maner, except they don't have two sets of counter-rotating rotors. If you're looking for realistic operation, this is as cose as you can get with a coaxial. Next steps would be single rotor, flybarless, collective pitch.

RCfan
Guests
May 23, 2012 - 5:33 pm

bvc said
I used the s800g remote on a s107g heli. The heli behaved normally. Meaning it turned as usual and used all throttle. Meaning the touching throttle on the s800g is because of the heli settings and could be modified on the heli? The s800g turns much more than the s107g. Seems the differences is because of the heli not the remote.

There should be some difference between the s800G and s107,the s800G can move right and left.

Raptor
Guests
May 23, 2012 - 5:24 pm

Thank you for testing that.

yes, i thought the issue would have been the helicopter itself, I doubted that they would change the remotes design too much for any new helicopter, (especially when there was still room for more channels in the data packet of the S107)

However, i believe that performing mods directly on the helicopter are harder for most people to do, as the circuit is so small.

This is why i added the mod on the transmitter side.

bvc
Guests
May 23, 2012 - 2:09 pm

bvc
Guests
May 23, 2012 - 1:23 pm

I've checked. It's the first thing I thought of. It's possible, but it wouldn't be pretty. The biggest issue is the trim on the s800g is on the right side, which would require a good size hole to access. The sticks don't line up so you'd need to do some cutting to even get both sticks through the holes. Is something I will probably do, though.

Raptor
Guests
May 23, 2012 - 4:48 am

I believe that it would be possible, but i cant really confirm this, as i am waiting for my S800g to arrive in the post.

Once it arrives, i will look into transferring it into one of my old S107 shells, and give you my feed back.

CPD
Guests
May 23, 2012 - 3:56 am

I wanted to post this before but the server was down.

If you've modded the controller that much, and have a s107 shell laying around, would it be possable to put the electronics (boards and whatnot) from the s800 controller into the shell of an s107 (slightly modified for the lh stick to be able to be moved and other stuff) Just cut some wires, solder some extensions in place, and maybe make a little bit of other adjustments to fit the board right.

Raptor
Guests
May 23, 2012 - 2:49 am

I haven't done anything with the S031G, however I have just ordered a "replacement" board from ebay to tinker with. So expect a few mods for that sometime 🙂

Changing the RF frequency from 27mhz to 433mhz shouldn't be too problematic.

Unfortunately there are no contact points, in most RTF Helicopters, that are outputting a signal that a standard servo or ESC could recognize.

However.... I believe that it may be possible, to program a microchip to be capable of reading the power output to the motor (Pulse Width Modulation), and convert this into a signal that is useable by your ESC, and thus control your new motors.

Syma Freak
Admin
May 22, 2012 - 1:44 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Raptor said
Ive just ordered one of these. I should have it in about 3-5 days.

Then I can start modding it to have greater control over the throttle, and the yaw.

That will be great- Tell me have you done anything with the Syma S031G I did a review on this big heli and was not that really excited about it for outside flying as the range was very poor,a wind gust would take it right out of range of remote and only way to bring her down was to turn off remote and crash land-anyhow just interested- I am at present trying to change to larger brushless motors,however I just do not have the expertise like your self on changing the board setup.

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

bvc
Guests
May 22, 2012 - 10:20 am

Looking forward to it!

Raptor
Guests
May 21, 2012 - 8:19 pm

Ive just ordered one of these. I should have it in about 3-5 days.

Then I can start modding it to have greater control over the throttle, and the yaw.

bvc
Guests
May 21, 2012 - 2:42 pm

I painted it and the back pieces.

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters: