Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Any info on the Syma S107E and S107W?
SymaGuru
Members
March 5, 2017 - 2:11 pm
Forum Posts: 32
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I gave my S107W away along with all my other infrared indoor syma's. The only small coaxial I have left is my 2.4Ghz S36 and it has died again. Was going to order some more boards again from xheli but I spotted something different. Syma has a new small 2.4Ghz coaxial. The S39! A number that been used before on the S32 replacement from a few years ago but this is something different. Looks to be a 2.4Ghz version of the infrared S8. Plenty of them for sale on eBay at the moment if you want to see what the new S39 looks like. White and red are the color choices and I picked up a white one. I'll post a review as soon as it gets here.

The following users say thank you to SymaGuru for this useful post:

Syma Freak
Syma Freak
Admin
October 30, 2016 - 7:24 pm
Forum Posts: 1452

Thank you for information,I am hoping to do a review on the 107W just been really busy last month...

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

SymaGuru
Members
October 19, 2016 - 2:35 pm

Not really much to review. It's just a G with a new canopy. I'll email you some pics of it to post if you would like but it flies like any other S107G. Which is to say pretty good for a under $20 coaxial. I have a feeling the E version is no different but I would have to buy one to be sure. Very happy to have another S107 as part of my collection. 

Syma Freak
Admin
October 17, 2016 - 12:51 pm

Great post, looking forward to your views on the S107W

SymaGuru
Members
October 16, 2016 - 1:57 pm

I'm out of spare S5 flybars! I could have swore I had a couple more spares. Have to order some more. 

SymaGuru
Members
October 16, 2016 - 1:54 pm

Haven't put batteries in the supplied transmitter. Grabbed the S109G transmitter I have and it bound to it no problem. 

SymaGuru
Members
October 16, 2016 - 1:50 pm

Well the verdict is in. It's a S107G with a new canopy. That's it and nothing else. Not really complaining. The website is named after the S107 and this one won't disapoint. Got the nano qx 3d tail rotor blade installed and now it's time to stick a 250mah battery in the nose and be done with the upgrades and enjoy flying it around my rec room. 

There are no markings on the Asian market box that say what model inside in English. The owners manual was a S107G English/Chinglish manual and it's exact in every way to a newer model G except the S36 F4 style canopy. Exactly what I was hopeing it would be.

SymaGuru
Members
October 16, 2016 - 5:42 am

The new S107W came in the mail today. I'll post my impressions on it tomorrow when I have some time to play with it and see how it flies. It looks great! Best looking S107 I've ever had. Looking at the contents it's just a S107G with a nicer looking canopy and trim.

Syma Freak
Admin
September 30, 2016 - 8:01 pm

double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon

Great information.

As file size loading photos have done a few upgrades, try again..otherwise maybe email them to me or put on something like Flicker with a link to them..just testing a photo again here

3081af11-bcb0-4f25-9f6e-dafc8117bd64-1.jpgImage Enlarger

It seems ok, but will check on back end again to see if I can tweak a bit, problem happens that the server I use only gives so much space for photos..as this is just a small blog, costs come on board for me.But looking at complete upgrade of site..which will be my time guess at least a weeks work, but I am happy to do it as we still get 20,000 hits a month, and I know the Syma factory looks at the forum.So keep posting mate.SF

SymaGuru
Members
September 30, 2016 - 12:43 pm

I found a use for the stock S107G tail rotors that I have dozens of and had no use for. They work as a nice upgrade on the tiny S6. I would show a pic but I'm having trouble with the file size. I'll figure it out sooner or later. If the S107E and W end up being knock offs I'll just take the new canopy and throw it on a real Syma S107G. The new blue W and green E version just look great in pictures. But do they fly well? Are they legitimate Syma? 2 of us just volunteered our money to find out. Mines on a slow boat from China so it will be a few weeks before I know anything. 

Syma Freak
SymaGuru
Members
September 30, 2016 - 12:05 pm

I should make it clear that the S5 and S107N do not share frames and motors with the S107G. Looks like the E and W do and that's a good thing.

Syma Freak
SymaGuru
Members
September 30, 2016 - 12:01 pm

I just bought a S107W in blue from a eBay seller who was willing to price match Amazon. It helped that I just bought a S8 from him and got the pair for 50 shipped. Let me know what you think of the E version when you get it and I'll do the same when the W version arrives. They look to both be S107G with newer styled canopies that mirror the look of the S8 F4 and S36. If that's all they changed they should be pretty good. Not a fan of the S107N and S5. They dropped the ball with them. They just don't fly as well as the S107G and I recommend people avoid them. The S5 fly bar is useful being smaller and lighter than what you find on any S10?G varient and that was the one good thing I learned buying one before I gave it away to a friend. Thanks for the lighter shorter fly bar Syma! Otherwise the S5 isn't very good. S5 fly bar on your S107G or S102G S108G S109G? Absolutely yes! 

Syma Freak
Syma Freak
Admin
September 25, 2016 - 7:19 pm

Thanks SymaGuru, I am looking at those now and ordered from Banggood so a few days to receive yet. only the S107E ordered ,see no reviews on Amazon yet, still has the same rear blade tail prop no change there. Looks to me just like a face lift with nothing new on remote, however until I get them and fly can not really comment yet, good post mate thanks for it.

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
September 25, 2016 - 3:57 pm
Forum Posts: 264

SG (as you are now known!)

Thanks for your interest in our forum and a big welcome from me as well! Glad

to have you here as it looks like you have considerable knowledge of Syma products!

Please feel free to comment and post often and help out other members of our forum.

We now have SF, SN, and SG !

The Syma S107 E and W are totally new to me (help me out here, SF!) 

From what I have seen so far.....

Neither of them are on the Syma Official Website and the Amazon product descriptions

are totally wrong, thus making our research more difficult.

As you said, the E looks like a 107 with an F4 canopy and tail decoration.

It is advertised as a 4 channel with a flip capability. In looking at the photos, definately

not a 4 channel (no blade pitch mechanism) and therefore impossible to do an inverted flight stunt.

The spring on the left throttle of the remote is old-school, Syma quit that about 3-4 years ago, b...ut perhaps are bringing it back

due to consumer demand for that feature, however, most people on this forum prefer otherwise,

myself excluded, I like the spring throttle. If you are in flight trouble, just let go!

You also said about the ABC channels. Here, again, are disimilarities in the product description. On several

different websites, the heli is described as havind a beginner, intermediate, and expert gyro

setting. Is that the channel swith renewed? All in all, it looks really cool ,just not sure what the E stands for.

The 107W caught me just as much off-guard. I LOVE the teal canopy and its' new design and the fact

they don't use the Playstation remote, reverting back to the original Syma remote w/o the springs.

(I can bind mine to it!) I just don't know what the W stands for.

It looks like these are just coming to market here in the US in the next month or so and

I haven't seen any reviews yet (HELLO SF!! I'd like to review one!!!) 

Anyone with any info, please pass along!

SymaGuru
Members
September 24, 2016 - 4:15 pm

I see these for sale on Amazon for under 20 bucks. They look to be mechanically identical to the S107G but have newer style canopies that mirror the look of the newer F4, S8 & S36. They look better but do they fly as well as the old S107G? The E version has the 3 ABC channel selector and the spring on the throttle. The W version has just A and B channels and no spring on the throttle. They still look like S107G transmitters and not the newer S5 S8 S107N PlayStation style transmitters. Any info on these two S107 versions would be helpful.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2