Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Another Reason for S107G heli not lifting off?
Submitting video showing lower blade issue ?
Syma Freak
Admin
November 25, 2015 - 3:04 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

ShermG Excellent video and fix, as Redfive said thanks for sharing, helps so many

yeah-baby_gif

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Redfive
Guests
November 24, 2015 - 5:44 pm

Very well done ShermG Thank you for sharing your method.  

ShermG
Guests
November 24, 2015 - 7:12 am

Heli2.JPGImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
ShermG
Guests
November 24, 2015 - 7:04 am

Update on my Lower Rotor Issue.

The lower blade is now attached and my heli is flying like new.  I did this by:

1. Remove top blade and then remove spacer between upper and lower blade.

2. Using some alcohol, clean the lower rotor blade shaft thoroughly. Then use a toothpick and alcohol and clean the inside of the plastic rotor

piece.

3. I then took a emery stick (from my wife's fingernail collection) and made a small groove on the top of the plastic piece.  This is to give

some added strength to the fix.

4.  Mixed up some 5 minute epoxy.  Positioned the lower rotor connector back on the shaft, take care not to push it all the way down. This may create some added friction.  I left mine up about 1mm.  Then, with a toothpick, pack the top of the plastic part with epoxy.  (leave the spacer OFF in this step.)  After you have the epoxy in, then push the spacer down over the shaft all the way.  The epoxy will then be displaced and will make a nice fillet around the spacer and plastic piece.  W A I T !  Even though it is a 5 minute epoxy, you should wait 3-4 hours for the epoxy to set. 

5. Place the top rotor assembly back on the main shaft making sure the assembly screw is against the flat on the shaft.  Tighten screw and go back to flying again.  I am going to order another lower rotor shaft just in case but this looks like a great fix.  I am enclosing a picture so you may see the fillet of epoxy I was talking about.

Hope this helps someone.     ShermG

ShermG
Guests
November 22, 2015 - 1:44 pm

After reading many posts regarding heli not lifting off, checking batteries in controller, charging the heli battery and letting it sit for a while before use I still could not get it to lift off.  It had been operating very well until I ran into a ceiling lamp frown

The thing looked like it should go just fine.  The top blade assembly was like pristine.  So,  started to look around a bit.  It seemed as if the lower blade connector was slipping a bit on the shaft which could possibly be the cause of my issues.  So,  I pulled the upper blade off the shaft, removed the spacer and did a test run while holding the heli in my hand.  The lower blades walked up the shaft while running which leads me to believe the plastic mount is slipping.  Here is a link to a short video as to what happens.  Any ideas on repairs ??

Thanks .......  ShermG

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5