Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
95% sure i have a real s107. help!
Wingnut79
Guests
December 20, 2011 - 4:04 pm

Yeah, sounds like the dual white motor is genuine Syma. I got a knockoff from Planet Stuff also, a few weeks ago. The tail motor failed after just a few flights, contacted Amazon, got a refund, ordered from RC Toys Village, got the genuine Syma.... Have to say I was disappointed in how much more powerful the knockoff is compared to the real deal. Hopefully the brand name lasts a lot longer though. I crashed my heli this morning and resorted to pirating parts from the knockoff to patch it up. It took a bit of modifying, but I got it to work in the end. 

moban
Guests
December 20, 2011 - 6:20 am

my only real concern was i read that although some of the fakes may fly longer/faster/charge quicker, when they break the replacement parts dont always seem to fit properly... and that tend to stop working out of the blue.

it does fly quieter. now my wife wont be as annoyed with it haha

@Wingnut79

i did notice that in my pink/green s107 the balance bar had removeable weights and in my white/white s107 they are pushed in from the ends, i would think it would be the other way around if the white/white is indeed real, which i after reading reply's i guess it is

Wingnut79
Guests
December 19, 2011 - 4:57 am

Two white motors seem odd but I wouldn't worry about that. As long as your pcb board is genuine the chances are the whole heli is the real deal. My first S107 from Amazon turned out to be a knockoff and the tail motor failed on me within a week. I made some inquiries, and got a response from RC Toys Village that they get their S107s directly from Syma. I ordered my second S107 from them, and it checked out to be genuine-- black and white motor caps, R5 board, green LED, etc...

First thing I noticed between the real and knockoff S107 was the coloring of the plastic pieces is a bit different. The knockoff has the same shade of yellow (both of mine are the yellow models) as the rotors while the genuine Syma is more of an orange tint than the rotors. 

I also noticed that the knockoff was a little faster in it's forward movement than the genuine Syma model. 

Besides that, there's a few other minor differences I've noticed between the knockoff and the Syma model--- the plastic pieces on the tail are glued as well as screwed on, the flybar has weights which can be removed easily, and the tail prop is shaped slightly different. 

Syma Freak
Admin
December 17, 2011 - 2:04 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@moban I have spoken with a few flyers on chat,3 bought from (RC Toys Village) and said were ok helis-my view like CPD says really if flies ok do not worry,I think some times there are slight subtle changes,flying the bird will be the answer,I have a few clones all fly well,different to a fake

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
December 17, 2011 - 6:00 am

They probably just had two white ones handy when they made it. Nothing to worry.

Supernova
Guests
December 17, 2011 - 4:18 am

I have 4 x S107s and they all differ in some way as long as they fly ok I would not worry, as I have read that some think fake ones seem tougher.

moban
Guests
December 16, 2011 - 5:13 pm

so my first s107 from amazon (planet stuff) was definitely fake, pink and green motors. i bought it before knowing of fakes being out there. i returned it and bought another from amazon (RC Toys Village) and got it today to discover two white motors. from everywhere ive seen the real ones are only black and white, but on mine EVERYTHING else checks out to be a real one.

green LED on the board (my fake was red),

S107R5 on the red circuit board,

rounded tail rotor, only replacement part included is the tail rotor (my fake also included two main rotors),

more grip on the controller back,

controller has white moveable battery separators, 

spring loaded throttle (my fake didnt have a spring but had something internal to bring it back to 0).

the only thing that confuses me is the two white motors vs a black and a white one. did they streamline the parts and now use the same motors for the main rotor? i did notice that the parts page in the manual only has two motors listed now (main and tail) where my fake had 3 motors listed (main A, main B, and tail)

thanks in advance for any help

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5