Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
3 channel upgrade
can i?
Tags: Syma X9
bluealtered
Guests
January 13, 2014 - 5:53 am

Yes that is the part CPD, thanks for letting me know it's for the f1. And thanks for letting me know about the symatoystore.

CPD
Guests
January 10, 2014 - 5:21 am

http://www.symatoystore.com/F1.....me=upgrade
Is this the exact part? That one is for the F1, and considering it looks like the thing's made to just plug in, and it looks like the board already has a slot on it for the extra servo motor, well, that's got me wondering about the F1.

As for dealing with Symatoystore, I've only ever heard problems and complaints about dealing with them.

Syma Freak
Admin
January 8, 2014 - 4:27 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi, yes finding this all a bit strange on upgrade, I need to look into this a bit more, my old 32G still flies ok, will keep you posted also post photos or any other info, me just a little dubious of this update, but have not checked that out yet

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

bluealtered
Guests
January 8, 2014 - 7:27 am

It is http://www.symatoystore.com  Now that i have the s032g sitting in front of me i see that the unit they are upgrading is different than mine, so maybe this will help someone else.

I have just taken my first flight and had such a slow throttle response that after almost a minute i gave it more throttle and of course it shot up at which point i cut the throttle to hard and it crashed hard. So now it won't respond at all, i have the body off and can't see anything loose or broken but can't get it to function either.

The rotors,gyro and connecter look to be fine but no go. The one time it did respond after the crash it just scooted along the ground sideways. The trim is still centered on the knob, any thoughts on this and the almost one miute throttle response? Thanks, blue. 

CPD
Guests
January 8, 2014 - 2:17 am

Unless they have something to add into the controller, I'd say no, but they may have something that gets added onto it. Can you please post a link to this upgrade kit so we're on the same page with what it actually does and doesn't do? That'd help a lot.

bluealtered
Guests
January 8, 2014 - 1:43 am

I realize now that i did not state in my first post that the upgrade is to the copter not to the controler, it looks like it is a swash plate change. If thats correct then it would have the ability to bank, (yaw?). But would the 3 channel controler accept the change and work accordingly?

bluealtered
Guests
January 7, 2014 - 2:07 am

Thank you CPD for your help. The ad was at the top of the page on the syma toy store page site and brought up questions to me as to it's work ability as a simple upgrade, and like most things in life, do it correctly the first time or do it again. I plan to use the S032g as is simply to learn on for the time being and will get to something more suited for the outdoors as i get better at flight.

The units like the phantom 2, (or others) with the ability of a small payload i find interesting for my area, but i think it would be best to learn on something less expensive to start. If the larger symas aren't good for outdoors perhaps our members can steer me in the right direction as to units that are and help me learn which motors are best for outdoor flight. I have a lot of learning and questions ahead and can't waite to get started. blue

CPD
Guests
January 6, 2014 - 2:38 pm

I've not heard of what you're talking about before, and I'm not sure if I want to. Here's what I'll say:

A. if you want a small Syma (about the size of the 107) that is 4 ch, go with the 800g, since it's the same price, occasionally even cheaper, and is more responsive 4ch.
B. If you want a larger heli, I'd actually steer clear of the Symas, since they seem to have never figured out that brushed motors don't really work on large helis, and they get blown all over the place.

C. any time there's an upgrade kit involved, it's always a safer bet that either A. it will cost more than one with the upgrades built in, B. it will not perform as well as one with the upgrades built in, or C. it will be more expensive than the one with said upgrades built in AND not perform as well. Just my experience and opinion.

Additionally, I do not see how upgrading a 3ch heli to 4ch could work. Either you have to completely re-do the entire lower bladeset, the mounts for the blades, the lower shaft, and add servos and all kinds of other stuff to make it work. Or, you put two giant stupid looking fans on it, which eat up battery, lift, weigh it down, and don't work very well.

I'd say the safe bet is a double horse or other 4ch larger heli, with best results, although harder to fly, being a single-rotor 4ch.

Hope this helps!

bluealtered
Guests
January 6, 2014 - 5:11 am

While looking at the syma toy store i saw the ad showing the 3 channel to 4 channel upgrade and it looks interesting. I'm new at this and the first question to come to mind is will the 3 channel, (S032g) controler work as a 4 channel controler or will the controler have to be upgraded as well? Thanks

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2